The Three Drivers Behind Every Lift Installation: Reliability, Suitability and Safety
At Only Lifts, we understand that a home lift, stairlift or wheelchair lift can be life-changing. This is a huge responsibility, which is why every installation is driven by three things:
Reliability: We offer only the most reliable lifts on the market guaranteed to last and require little maintenance.
Suitability: We go the extra mile for our customers to make sure that their lift is suitable for their needs. It’s why our Trusted Assessor carries out a thorough assessment with every customer, ensuring you get the right lift for you.
Safety: Safety is paramount — users deserve to feel safe while operating a lift and exercising their independence. That’s why we provide only the best lifts and take rigorous measures to ensure yours is completely safe.
We are constantly thinking about tomorrow; we know that success belongs to those who best predict the needs of the customer. We love challenges and are ready to meet your needs and fulfil orders that other companies do not dare to.
It’s this attitude and our dedication to getting to know you and your needs that make us a trusted installer for individuals and businesses all over Southeast England.
Our reputation as a lift supplier is built on trust, credibility and quality service. We’re endorsed by Which? as a trusted trader, and a member of the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA). We also boast 10-star reviews on Checkatrade.
Our reputation isn’t earned just from the initial service we provide to our customers. While we pride ourselves on offering a personal touch that big companies simply can’t compete with, our commitment to you doesn’t end once your new lift is installed. We also offer an unrivalled aftercare service. If you ever need support for your lift, you can ring us 24/7 and speak to an engineer.
We’re with you during every step of the process, whether you’re having a home lift installed or considering a stairlift and still doing your research. We also provide an award-winning level of customer service that extends long after you’ve purchased a lift. If you require maintenance, are looking for advice or your lift is nearing the end of its life, you can call our 24/7 support line to speak to an engineer. Wherever possible, we will also refurbish and reinstall stairlifts to maximise usability and reduce waste, even offering refurbished models of some products to individuals on a tight budget, as we believe that everyone is entitled to experience how much a lift can transform their daily life.
Gary Tidman Managing Director
Gary has over 30 years of experience in the mobility industry in a career spanning manufacturing, sales and installations. He’s dedicated to discovering the best new technologies and is constantly searching out the most innovative products so that he can bring customers the most practical and reliable products available.
He has extensive knowledge covering everything from individual components to bespoke design for discerning clients, and he often collaborates with designers and artisans to ﬁnd the perfect solution.
When Gary created Only Lifts, he brought a revolutionary vision that has cemented him as a leading authority in short rise lift installation in the Southeast. Only Lifts isn’t built on pushing for sales and pressuring customers but on taking the time to listen to them, understand their needs and recommend the right solution for them, whether they choose to buy from Only Lifts or not.
Gary is a Level-4 qualified Trusted Assessor certified by the Disabled Living Foundation, which means he has been trained to accurately assess potential customers and determine the best lift solution for them.
During his career, he has provided his services not just in the UK but also in France, Lithuania, Slovakia, Croatia and Qatar. His passion for improving disabled access led to him advising the Cyprus government and UK embassies and being awarded the “Individual of the Year” by the British Healthcare Trades Association in 2014 following glowing feedback from clients.
Why Choose Only Lifts for Your Lift?
When you choose Only Lifts for your mobility lift, you aren’t dealing with a company that just wants to meet its sales targets. We’re a small and local company and proud of it, because it allows us to get to know our customers and help them improve their quality of life — to us, that’s the biggest reward there is.
With Only Lifts, you get:
- Free advice when you need it
- A no-obligation quotation — the price we quote is the price you pay — and we’ll never drive you crazy with repeated follow-up calls, sales patter or aggressive sales tactics
- Over 30 years of experience and personal service that takes the time to understand you
- Our project management bolt-on for contractors — that’s a fancy way of saying that we handle the entire lift project and take care of every detail so that you don’t have to worry about a thing
- A 24/7 direct line to our engineer for support day or night
- A stellar local reputation built on trust and quality service. We’re endorsed by Which? as a trusted trader, a member of the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA) and bound by the Trading Standards code of practice
- National award-winning customer service, with Trusted Assessor and Only Lifts Director Gary Tidman being named individual of the year by the BHTA, as judged on the feedback of customers
- A firm timeline so that you know exactly when we’ll install your lift and how long it will take
- A wide range of only the best mobility lifts on the market, from battery operated stairlifts that fold away to elegant, compact and energy-efficient home lifts available in multiple colours and finishes
- A no-obligation assessment from a Trusted Assessor certified by the Disabled Living Foundation and trained to listen to your challenges and recommend the best lift for your needs and budget
- Stairlifts available in East Sussex and West Kent, and wheelchair lifts and home lifts available in Southeast England
- All staff enhanced DBS checked and approved by trading standards.
Every lift we install is supported by a 12-month parts and labour warranty (the option of an extended warranty is also available on most products). In addition to our own factory trained Engineers, we are proud to work in partnership with a number of local independent lift engineers to provide the best cover for your product. We endeavour, wherever possible, to attend within twenty-four hours of the fault being reported.
Service & Maintenance
To ensure that the lift is fully functional when you need it most and to ensure many years of trouble-free operation, we are able to offer a host of service agreements to suit your needs at the end of the warranty period.
Only Lifts Ltd have been certified to ISO 9001:2015 our certificate can be found here. Our Quality Policy can be found here.
Safeguarding Adults Policy Statement
This policy will enable Only Lifts Ltd to demonstrate its commitment to keeping safe the vulnerable adults with whom it works alongside. Only Lifts Ltd acknowledges its duty to act appropriately to any allegations, reports or suspicions of abuse. For full policy download here.
Although rare, we can sometimes get things wrong. If you are not satisfied with our service or products you are encouraged to make a complaint. Complaints are a valuable source of information where we may be going wrong, so we can improve our services. If you have a complaint please contact the Managing Director directly either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 01424 733767 or if you prefer in writing to Gary Tidman, Managing Director, Unit 2 Reginald Mews, Reginald Road, Bexhill on Sea, TN39 3PG.
After hearing your complaint, if you find our response inadequate you may wish to elevate the complaint through contact with our trade body, The British Healthcare Trades Association, full details of how to complain can be found at BHTA.
Alternatively you can write to: BHTA, Suite 4.6 The Loom, 14 Gowers Walk, London, E1 8PY.